If you’re human living in the Tech Age then chances are you’ve felt The Struggle. That hopeless feeling of being torn between what you have to do and what you want to do… on that note I wonder if we have any new likes…
Get this: Countless studies have determined that we, the modern people of social media and reality television, have shorter attention spans than goldfish! So let’s do something about it and show them goldfish who’s boss!
5 Habits of Highly Productive People
- Set Goals: Create a to-do list. Accomplish your less important goals first, then give yourself 110% to what’s important. This is contradictory to popular tips but just wait until all those little things you put off are actually done. Create your checklist with this in mind.
- NO Multitasking: Focus on one thing at a time. By scattering your mind, you may feel productive but you’re offering less of yourself to the task at hand. While you may accomplish more tasks in less time, the results are never as good as they can be with proper attention and care. I curb my tendency to multitask by following my to-do list!
- Keep the end in sight: This can be achieved by creating a vision board and displaying it in a prominent place. Dress up a poster board with images and words that will motivate you to reach those wild dreams of yours.
- Stop! Meditate!: It’s super healthy to establish a regular habit of quieting your mind. Take a break from the endless noise of social media, email and work. This may be our most impactful tip. Many people like to sit in front of their vision boards. Others like to close their eyes, cross their legs and perch themselves atop mountains. There’s no wrong way to meditate, simply allow the mind to breathe and go with the flow. By practicing meditation you’re creating a focal point allowing your mind to center on your goals.
- Celebrate the little accomplishments: Whether it’s one step along the journey or a mile, rewards are a great way to keep up moral and boost productivity. A piece of chocolate here, a scoop of ice cream there, maybe a new gadget or pair of shoes! Celebrate yo’self!
Tools for High Productivity
Appointed Goods: You can have all the apps in the world but they will never generate the strength and mind power that goes into handwriting a list, or note taking. It’s science, y’all 😉
Chocolate for that end-of-day reward <3
Shop Task Lists Here
Shop Minimalist Calendars
Shop Chocolate Here
Shop Kansas City Coffee
How do you stay focused? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
And as always, we are here to help you design your life.
This season forget the old tricks, forget Godiva, forget Kay Jewelers — We have you covered with these handcrafted, boutique lovelies. Strive to be original and show these Valentine-e’s what they really mean <3
Continue reading The Coveted Valentine’s Day: A Gift Guide to Love
Globetrotter and author Nicholas Andriani has compiled a list of holiday “gifts for him” from Coveted Home for the special man (or men) in your life. If you’ve been searching for an unexpected stocking stuffer for him or a unique gift that he will cherish for years to come, you’re sure to find something on Nicholas’ gift guide. He has gift ideas for the “Well Traveled Gentleman” and the “Modern man”. What guy wouldn’t like finding Herbivore Botanicals Beard Tonic, Compartes Whiskey and Dark Chocolate, or a pair of real horn tumblers from Rose & Fitzgerald under the tree on Christmas morning?
Here are a few of his picks:
Beard Tonic “For that guy who participated in Movember and got carried away.”
Poker Set “This set of cards and heavy duty chips are a great base pack for years of games to come. A must for every gentleman.”
Horn Tumbler Set “Bring the green hills of Africa to your home bar. If Hemingway did it…”
Click here to check out the full gift guide.
Image via nicholasandriani.com
Thanks for putting together this fun guide of gifts for him, Nicholas!
We want to share some of our current favorite “Staff Picks” with you. Each team member has selected a handful of their favorite items in the shop to help give you some holiday gift ideas. We’ve selected some candles, throws, pillows, and home decor items that we adore. We’ve also included some of our favorite pieces of jewelry, accessories, and chocolate bars. And we’re pretty sure a few people on your shopping list will love these things as much as we do.
The inventory at Coveted Home is always changing and evolving. Each week, we are getting shipments of new items and refreshing the showroom. You can stop by to visit us on the Country Club Plaza or follow us on Instagram and Facebook to see our newest items.
Clockwise from left: Finike Cotton Turkish Pestemal Towel / Brass Triptych Candle Set / Brass Star Trio / Coco Rose Lip Tint / Mini Octagon Planter / Estella Clutch
Clockwise from top: Modern Grid Towel / Horn Bottle Opener / Pinch Pot / Whiskey & Dark Chocolate / Deep V Choker / Cape Heartache Eau de Parfum
Addison’s PicksCounter clockwise from top: Chopard Quilted Silk Pillow / Fort Standard Crest Bottle Opener (Large & Small) / Horn Object / Beard Tonic / Cesme Cotton Turkish Pestemal Towel
Clockwise from top: Cowhide/Gold Pillow / Engraved Hip Flask / Horn Tumbler Set / Birthday Cake Chocolate / Suminagashi Glass Box
All items are available to purchase through Coveted Home in Kansas City and are also available to view through their appropriate links. As always, let us help you design your life.
From warm to wintery. It’s that time of year where we all look around and wonder why the fall season is so fleeting. Monday it was close to 70 degrees, now we are scrambling to put the linings in our coats and dig out the necessary winter accessories just to greet the day. As much as we love to complain, there is an equal amount to love when it comes to indulging in cold weather wares. Who doesn’t enjoy evenings spent fireside or the smell of pine wafting through the house? What do you look forward to most when the temps drop and your time is spent indoors more than out?
I look forward to some classic, never overrated hibernation. One item I have yet to invest in is a not-so-flattering yet “so comfortable you could live in it” flannel robe. I believe this to be the one thing that could really change my life, or just ruin it. You may not see me out in public anymore after I acquire one of these. I picture myself donning this or maybe just wrapping myself up in multiple layers of Happy Habitat throws while enjoying some bourbon and hot chocolate in one of these. This perfect scenario I am conjuring up can’t possible live in my dreams without a fireplace adorned with antique andirons. And to really set the mood, I believe this may be the perfect cold-weather candle.
Whatever winter means to you, enjoy it with your loved ones. With a little bit of bourbon. And remember to layer.
Images courtesy of Elena Shihan & Pinterest.
This Sunday, May 11th, is Mother’s Day. And it is time to think outside the flowers. Segway into…
Did you know that mothers love Coveted Home? It’s true. We have a plethora of beautifully unique items that any mom would be thrilled to receive on their special day. From candles to throws, jewelry to organic bed/bath linens. We pride ourselves in giving you the best, just like you when it comes to gifts for mom. Stop by the shop today! We are here to help design your life, or in this case, a gift. Happy Mother’s Day!
Sydney Hale: hand poured candles $28, Takara: hand hammered brass cuff $88, Coyuchi: organic guest or kitchen towels $7.50-$18, the object enthusiast: handmade vessels and ring dishes $32-40
Coyuchi: Mediterranean Guest Towels in 4 colors $18 each
Takara: Night Shield hand dyed necklace $162, Large Hoops hand hammered earrings $60, the object enthusiast: Ring Dish with Gold Rim $34, Chocolate: mmm. enough said
Janesko: Jetway Earrings in gold or silver $45, the object enthusiast: Pink Ball Vase $40, Goldenrod Teardrop Vase $36, NEST: fragranced candles and diffusers $34-38, Happy Habitat: throws made from 80% recycled cotton $80-150