If you’re human living in the Tech Age then chances are you’ve felt The Struggle. That hopeless feeling of being torn between what you have to do and what you want to do… on that note I wonder if we have any new likes…
Get this: Countless studies have determined that we, the modern people of social media and reality television, have shorter attention spans than goldfish! So let’s do something about it and show them goldfish who’s boss!
5 Habits of Highly Productive People
- Set Goals: Create a to-do list. Accomplish your less important goals first, then give yourself 110% to what’s important. This is contradictory to popular tips but just wait until all those little things you put off are actually done. Create your checklist with this in mind.
- NO Multitasking: Focus on one thing at a time. By scattering your mind, you may feel productive but you’re offering less of yourself to the task at hand. While you may accomplish more tasks in less time, the results are never as good as they can be with proper attention and care. I curb my tendency to multitask by following my to-do list!
- Keep the end in sight: This can be achieved by creating a vision board and displaying it in a prominent place. Dress up a poster board with images and words that will motivate you to reach those wild dreams of yours.
- Stop! Meditate!: It’s super healthy to establish a regular habit of quieting your mind. Take a break from the endless noise of social media, email and work. This may be our most impactful tip. Many people like to sit in front of their vision boards. Others like to close their eyes, cross their legs and perch themselves atop mountains. There’s no wrong way to meditate, simply allow the mind to breathe and go with the flow. By practicing meditation you’re creating a focal point allowing your mind to center on your goals.
- Celebrate the little accomplishments: Whether it’s one step along the journey or a mile, rewards are a great way to keep up moral and boost productivity. A piece of chocolate here, a scoop of ice cream there, maybe a new gadget or pair of shoes! Celebrate yo’self!
Tools for High Productivity
Appointed Goods: You can have all the apps in the world but they will never generate the strength and mind power that goes into handwriting a list, or note taking. It’s science, y’all 😉
Chocolate for that end-of-day reward <3
How do you stay focused? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
And as always, we are here to help you design your life.